– Toni’s Favorite
(Page 81 Farm Journal’s Choice Chocolate Recipes)
- 1/2 cup [1 cube] butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 oz Baker’s unsweetened chocolate (10 1/4 oz squares)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup real sour cream
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts – chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries (drained and toweled dry) – chopped
Pan: parchment covered cookie sheet
bake: 10 to 12 minutes
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt – set aside.
- Combine butter and chocolate in sauce pan.
- Melt over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer until blended.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, cherries and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375′
- Using 1 1/2 inch scoop (40 mm) scoop and drop dough onto parchment covered baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
- Remove from cookie sheets.
Makes 48 cookies.
2 oz Baker’s unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
- Melt chocolate and butter.
- Add sugar and milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Frost cookies