|Single Recipe||Double Recipe|
1 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Makes a bunch of cookies – 36??
2 cups butter flavored Crisco
2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons baking soda
11 cups flour
4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons vanilla
Makes 2x a bunch of cookies – 72??
Pan: cookie sheet – on parchment paper
Time: 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned around edges.
Cookie cutter for Yellowstone: 32 oz. plastic cup with 3.5 to 4 inch top.
- Cream Crisco, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Mix in buttermilk to creamed ingredients
- Mix all ingredients together
- Let rest in fridge 1 to 2 hours or over night. The dough needs to be cold. [I added]
- Knead dough like bread dough until well kneaded [I skipped]
- Roll out till dough on heavily floured counter top until 1/4 inch thick. (filled cookies 3/16)
- Cut out cookies using a glass for round cookies or cookie cutters
- Place on parchment paper on cookie sheet, do not crowd!
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on parchment paper on table
Sugar Cookie Buttercream Frosting
[Toni did not include a frosting recipe]
1/2 cup [1 cube] butter, softened.
¼ teaspoon salt.
up to 4 tablespoons of milk – start with 2 and go from there.
1 teaspoon vanilla.
4 cups powdered sugar- continue to add more until the right consistency for frosting
Frosts about 48 3 inch cookies
- round – pink – almond
- star – yellow – banana or lemon
- candy cane – red – mint
- sock – white – coconut
- tree – green –
- Gingerbread man – brown – black walnut or ginger
- bell – blue –
- snowman – white –