- 1 cup [2 cubes] butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar – firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Skippy Super Chuck peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Pan: parchment covered cookie sheet
Time: 8 minutes
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Blend in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt in.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375′
- Using 1 1/2 inch scoop (40 mm) scoop and drop dough onto parchment covered baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart
- Flatten with floured fork, making crisscross pattern on top or designer tool.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Slip cookies on parchment from baking sheets onto table to cool.
- Cool completely.
- Mix peanut butter filling
- Spread one cookie with filling.
- Place another cookie on top.
Peanut Butter Filling
1/2 cup Skippy Super Chuck peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
5-6 or more Tablespoons milk (should be thick but spreadable)
3 cups powdered sugar
- Combine peanut butter, vanilla, and milk in bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar, beating until creamy.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups