(recipe is for 2 dripper pans) – 16 cleaned up a pan
- 1 lb. of thick bacon (I use 3 lds.)
- 2 2 lb. pkgs. Ore-Ida Southern Style Hash Browns
- 3 cubes butter
- 2 medium or large onions
- 4 cans Campbell’s Cream of Chicken soup (mushroom may be used)
- 2 pints real sour cream
- 6 cups of grated cheese
- 4 cups of Kellogg’s Corn Flake Crumbs
Pan: two deep dripper pans with lids – Sprayed with Pam
Time: 1 1/2 hour if thawed – 2 1/2+ hours if not thawed
- Cut bacon in small strips.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Drain bacon.
- Place 2 lbs. of hash browns, half of bacon, 2 cans of soup, and 3 cups of cheese in each of two large bowls.
- Spray pans with Pam.
- Melt 2 cubes of butter in each of two small pans.
- Peel and chop onions.
- Sauté onions in butter until partially cooked.
- Add onions.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Place in dripper pans.
- Melt 1/2 cube butter in each of two small pans.
- Stir in 2 cups of corn flake crumbs in each pan.
- Cover top of each pan with lid or foil.
- Cook immediately or freeze until ready to cook.