3 large sweet potatoes
1 cube butter
¾ cup brown sugar
- Select three large, sweet potatoes – about 3 inches in diameter by 6 or 7 inches long
- Cut them in half across the three-inch diameter
- Place in a pot cover with water.
- Boil for about 30 minutes
- They are done when a knife will go into them with some resistance
- Don’t overcook them.
- Drain the hot water off and replace with cold water.
- Let set for 10 minutes.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in large frying pan.
- Spread in frying pan.
- Drain the water again.
- Peel the sweet potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in pan.
- Heat at 250’ for 15 minutes.
- Turn the slices over.
- Heat another 15 minutes.
- Repeat until ready to serve.