- 1 cup [2 cubes] butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar – firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups candied cherries cut in half
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped dates
Pan: 1 inch diameter mini muffin tins – very well greased and flour or use Mini Muffin Baking Paper Cups
Time: 10 minutes
- Cream butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Stir in buttermilk and dry ingredients.
- Add fruit and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400′
- Using 1 1/4 inch scoop (35 mm) scoop and drop dough onto parchment covered baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Cool for 5 to 7 minutes and remove from pans by turning over and banging pan on back.