Toni doubled this recipe
|Single Recipe||Double Recipe|
|1/2 cup [1 cube] butter, softened3/4 cup white sugar1 large egg1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract1/4 cup (1 oz.) almonds, ground in blender1 cup (4 oz.) sliced almonds1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup heavy cream1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips2 teaspoons light corn syrup
This recipe makes 16 cookies
|1 cup [2 cubes] butter, softened1 1/2 cups white sugar2 large eggs1 teaspoon pure almond extract1/2 cup (2 oz.) almonds, ground in blender2 cups (8 oz.) sliced almonds2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup heavy cream2 cups (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips4 teaspoons light corn syrup
This recipe makes 32 1/2 cookies
parchment covered cookie sheet
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes 
- Grind almonds in blender.
- In a medium bowl blend butter and sugar.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add egg and almond extract.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add ground almonds and flour.
- Blend until just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using 1 1/2 inch scoop (40 mm) scoop, form into balls
- Roll in sliced almonds and push almonds into balls.
- Place balls on parchment paper on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until lightly browned on edges.
- Slide parchment paper with cookies immediately to a cool surface – the table
- Scald cream in small saucepan by heating it to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and corn syrup.
- Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Mix glaze gently until smooth with wire whisk or wooden spoon.
- Drizzle or dip cookie when cool.
- Refrigerate cookies about 10 minutes.
- moved to 2 gallon zip locks and storing pizza boxes.