- 6 tablespoons jalapeno jelly (Lee’s Marketplace) (doubled original recipe)
- 4 cups peeled, sliced Granny Smith apples (4 large apples)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced seeded jalapenos (doubled original recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Microwave jelly to spread bettter
- Spread jalapeno jelly into the bottom of pie shell.
- In a bowl, toss apples with lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples, toss and spoon into pastry shell.
- Sprinkle jalapeno pepper over apples.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour and butter with a pastry blender to form crumbly mixture.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until golden.