- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter softened
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (11 ½ ounce package) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts – chopped
Pan: parchment covered cookie sheet
Time: 8 to 11 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels, coconut and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375′
- Using 1 1/2 inch scoop (40 mm) scoop and drop dough onto parchment covered baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets; cool on wire racks.