- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces (M&M’s)
- 1 cup raisin
- ¾ cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Pan: parchment covered cookie sheet
Time: 13 to 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 19 to 20 (4-inch) cookies
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl: set aside.
- Beat butter, shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Stir in candy pieces, raisins and peanuts.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350′
- Using 1 1/2 inch scoop (40 mm) scoop and drop dough onto parchment covered baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake cookies 13 to 15 minutes or until almost set.
- Slip cookies on parchment from baking sheets onto table to cool.
- Let cool completely