- 3/4 cup butter [1 1/2 cubes] softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar – firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
Pan: parchment covered cookie sheet
Time: 12-15 minutes (until a lifted cookie’s bottom is a little brown)
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Add flour.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350′
- Using 1 1/4 inch scoop (35 mm) scoop and drop dough onto parchment covered baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart
- Place 2 inches apart.
- Press down centers with thumb.
- Remove and cool.
Eggnog Thumbprint Filling
1/4 cup butter softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add rum flavoring.
- Beat well.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon into each cookie.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg
- Chill till the filling is firm.