A Flaky Pastry For Two Crust Pies
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups Crisco
4 to 5 tablespoons iced water
1. Combine flour and salt in mixing bowl.
2. Cut in Crisco with pastry blender or with two knives until mixture
is the consistency of coarse corn meal.
3. Sprinkle on cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing mixture lightly
and stirring with fork.
4. Add water each time to the driest part of mixture.
5. The dough should be just moist enough to hold together when pressed
gently with a fork. It should not be sticky.
6. Shape dough in smooth ball with hands, and roll.
Or if you are not ready to make the pie, wrap it in waxed paper and
refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to fill and bake pie.
If you are baking a pie shell
- Cook at 450' for 10 to 15 minutes