Coconut Cream Pie
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup milk
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup coconut
1. Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt in top of double boiler.
2. Mix with wooden spoon.
3. Blend in milk gradually, then add egg yolks.
4. Add butter
5. Place over rapidly boiling water so pan is touching water.
6. Cook until thick and smooth, about 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Scrape down sides of pan frequently.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Add vanilla.
10. Stir until smooth and blended, scraping sides of pan well.
11. Pour hot filling into pie shell.