Chocolate Cream-Cheese Pie
9" chocolate graham crust
1 (16 oz.) package (2 2/3 cups) semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, separated
1 cup heavy cream whipped
Pecans and maraschino cherries may be added
1. Melt chocolate over hot water
2. Cool about 10 minutes.
3. Blend cream cheese, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt, and vanilla.
4. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
5. Beat in cooled chocolate.
6. Blend well.
7. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
8. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup brown sugar; beat until stiff and glossy.
9. Fold chocolate mixture into beaten whites.
10. Fold in whipped cream.
11. Pour into chilled crust, reserving 1/4 of mixture for decorating.
12. Chill until filling sets slightly.
13. Drop reserved mixture in mounds over top of
14. Chill overnight.
if adding pecans and maraschino cherries
- 1 cup each
- Cherries cut in half and paper towel dried
Makes 8 servings.