Almond Crunch Cookies
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
1/4 cup (1 oz.) almonds, ground in blender
1 cup (4 oz.) sliced almonds
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
Preheat oven to 350°
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes
- In a medium bowl blend butter and sugar.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add egg and almond extract.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add ground almonds and flour.
- Blend until just combined.
- Form dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll in sliced almonds.
- Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until lightly browned on edges.
- Transfer cookies immediately to a cool surface covered with waxed paper.
- Scald cream in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and corn syrup.
- Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Mix glaze gently until smooth with wire whisk or wooden spoon.
- Drizzle or dip cookie when cool.
- Refrigerate cookies about 10 minutes.