Triple Chocolate Cookies - Toni's Favorite
(Page 81 Farm Journal's Choice Chocolate Recipes)
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 (1 oz.) squares Baker's unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup real sour cream
1/2 cup (3 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts - chopped
1/2 cup maraschino cherries (drained and toweled dry)
Pan: cookie sheet - greased
Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt - set aside.
- Combine butter and chocolate in sauce pan.
- Melt over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer until blended.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, cherries and nuts.
- Chill dough in refrigerator.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
- Remove from cookie sheets.
- Makes 48 cookies.
Triple Chocolate Cookies Chocolate Frosting
2 squares Baker's unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
- Melt chocolate and butter.
- Add sugar and milk.
- Beat until smooth.