Sugar Cookies - Shirl's Favorite
It appears that Toni doubled this recipe for Christmas and Yellowstone
1 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Pan: cookie sheet - ungreased
Time: 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned around edges.
Cookie cutters or 32 oz. plastic cup with 3.5 to 4 inch top.
- Cream Crisco , eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Knead dough like bread dough until well kneaded.
- Roll out till dough is 1/4 inch thick. (filled cookies 3/16)
- Cut out cookies using 16 fl oz cup - for bigger ones use 32 oz. plastic
cup with 3.5 to 4 inch top
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes
Buttercream Frosting for Sugar Cookies
1 cup salted butter, softened.
4 cups powdered sugar
4-6 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
sugar, butter, vanilla and milk
beat until creamy
Thin with a few more drops of milk (if necessary) to reach desired spreading
Stir in optional food coloring.
Spread frosting over cooled cookies and
decorate if desired