Sugar Cookies - Shirl's Favorite
1 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Pan: cookie sheet - ungreased
Time: 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned around edges.
Cookie cutter: 32 oz. plastic cup with 3.5 to 4 inch top.
- Cream Crisco , eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Knead dough like bread dough until well kneaded.
- Roll out till dough is 1/4 inch thick. (filled cookies 3/16)
- Cut out cookies using 16 fl oz Cup - bigger ones use 32 oz. plastic cup with 3.5 to 4 inch top.
- Bake 10 minutes.