Peanut Blossoms Cookies - Susan's Favorite
(Page 290 Favorite Brand Name Recipe Cookbook)
1/2 cup butter-favored Crisco
3/4 cup Skippy Super Chuck peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar - firmly packed
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
9-ounce package of Hershey's Kisses (about 48) unwrapped
covered cookie sheet
Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- Cream Crisco and peanut butter.
- Add sugar and brown sugar.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture mixing well.
refrigerate at least 15 minutes
Using 1 1/4 inch scoop (35 mm) scoop and drop dough
in sugar and roll.
- Place on cookie sheet on parchment covered
baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart
- Remove from oven and place Kiss on top before they cool.
- Press down so that cookie cracks around the edge.
- Remove from cookie sheet.