Peanut Blossoms Cookies - Susan's Favorite
(Page 290 Favorite Brand Name Recipe Cookbook)
1/2 cup butter-favored Crisco
3/4 cup Skippy Super Chuck peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar - firmly packed
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
9-ounce package of Hershey's Kisses (about 48) unwrapped
Pan: cookie sheet - ungreased
Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- Cream Crisco and peanut butter.
- Add sugar and brown sugar.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture mixing well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Remove from oven and place Kiss on top.
- Press down so that cookie cracks around the edge.
- Remove from cookie sheet.